Process an out-of-cycle Pay Run to calculate the NET overpayment
- Click Pay Day > Process Pays > Individual Employee or
Click Pay Day from the Side Bar.
- Navigate to Payment Date and change to the current date
- Navigate to Period Ending Date and change to the current date
- Double click on any employee that is to be included in this out-of-cycle Pay Run.
- An alert will display: Pay Run Dates have been changed. Please choose one of the following options.
- Select Change Payment Date to xx/xx/xxxx and Current Period Ending Date to xx/xx/xxxx.
- Click Click here to Continue.
- When composing the Employees Pay,
- Ensure ALL Ordinary Pay Rates, Allowances and Deductions are removed, UNLESS you need to also pay them.
- Click on the next vacant pay line.
- Select the Pay Type which was overpaid in the previous Pay Run.
- Enter a negative QTY equal to the amount of the overpayment.
- Make any other changes as necessary.
- Click Pending or OK to save all changes.
- Read here preview, print or export the Pay Run Reports
- Read here post the Pay Run,
- Read here to submit your Pay Event to the ATO
Add a Debt Waiver FBT (Fringe Benefit Tax) Deduction
- Click Pay Types > New Deduction or
Click Pay Types from the Side Bar, Navigate to Pay Type, click on the drop-down menu and change to Deduction then click New.
- In Description, enter Debt Waiver
- In Deducted by, select Per Lump Sum
- Leave Amount ( $ or % ) empty.
- Select Variable Deduction Amounts from Employees
- Leave STP Code as Not Set
- Select FBT.
- Select Factor of 1.8868: Benefit provider is not entitled to claim GST credits
- In Type. select 13 – Debt waiver
- Click Save then Exit.
Assign the Debt Waiver FBT (Fringe Benefit Tax) Deduction to the Employee
- Click Employees > Edit Employees or
Click Employees from the Side Bar.
- Select the employee to edit (click once to highlight).
- Click Edit > Pay Run > Pay Setup – Basic > Setup Variable Deduction.
- Click New.
- Select Debt Waiver from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Amount per Pay to be deducted.
- Enter the Total Amount to be deducted.
- Once the Total Amount has been reached, no future deductions will be debited.
- Click Save then Exit.
- Click Save then Exit again to close the Employee window.
Process your Pay Runs
- Read here to continue processing pay runs as normal, including the new Deduction
Last modified: May 05, 2020
Thanks for your feedback.