- Click Pay Types > New Deduction or
Click Pay Types from the Side Bar, Navigate to Pay Type, click on the drop-down menu and change to Deduction then click New.
- In Description, enter your own Description.
- In Deducted by, select from the following options;
- Per Day
- Per Hour
- Per Kilometre
- Per Lump Sum
- Per Month
- Per Pay Period
- Per Unit
- Per Unit – Punnet
- Per Week
- In Amount ( $ or % ), you have the option to either enter the required dollar value or if you pay your wages using FAST-Bank™, this field can be left blank with Variable Deduction Amounts from Employees being ticked.
- If you are already reporting through Single Touch Payroll, In Tax Treatment, select DO NOT itemise this Deduction for reporting to the ATO UNLESS the Deducton is Workplace Giving or Fees. Otherwise, contact your Accountant/Bookkeeper or the ATO for advice.
- If required, change the following fields.
- Salary Sacrifice (Deduct BEFORE Tax is calculated)
- Include in W1
- FBT, Factor and Type
- Report to
- % or OTE
- TIL (Time in Lieu)
- Union/Professional association
- Workplace Giving
- Banked Hours
- Click Save then Exit.
- If Variable Deduction Amounts from Employees was selected, please follow Where do I add a new Variable Deduction for my Employee?*
Last modified: 2019/11/21
Thanks for your feedback.