What are Non-Concessional (After Tax) Superannuation Contributions?
Non-Concessional Super Contributions are payments that are deducted from the employees’ net salary or wages and paid directly to their Superannuation Fund. As these payments are deducted after tax is calculated, the Superannuation Fund will not deduct any tax once they receive the contributions. The Employees age affects the amount of the non-concessional (after-tax) contributions cap, how the cap applies, and what options they may have.
- Click Pay Types > New Deduction or
Click Pay Types from the Side Bar, Navigate to Pay Type, click on the drop-down menu and change to Deduction then click New.
- Enter Non-Concessional Super (After Tax) into Description.
- Select Deducted by
- Per Lump Sum
- Per Month
- Per Pay Period
- Per Week
- Either enter the Amount ( $ or % ) if this Deduction is for a specific employee or select Variable Deduction Amounts from Employees and leave Amount ($ or %) blank if you wish to use this deduction for multiple employees.
- Leave STP Code as Not Set
- Select DO NOT Itemise this Deduction for reporting to the ATO in Deduction Type.
- Navigate to Deductions and select Superannuation.
- Change the following fields in Deductions if required.
- % or OTE
- TIL (Time in Lieu)
- Union/Professional association
- Workplace Giving
- Click Save then Exit.
- Enter the Employee Superannuation Personal Contribution Details.
- Add the Deduction to the required Employee to load every pay run.