- Click Pay Day > Process Pays > Cessation Pay or
Click Pay Day from the Side Bar.
- Select the Employee to cease (Click once to highlight).
- Click Cessation
- Ensure the Payment Date and Current Period Ending Date are correct for the Pay Period you wish to process.
- Click Yes to process the pay run for the displayed dates.
- Enter the date of cessation of the selected employee.
- Click Click here to Continue.
- Select the required Cessation Pay Rate Types from the options listed below, adjust and/or remove any Pay Rates, Allowances and Deductions that are pre-loaded and/or add new Termination / Cessation Pay Rates as necessary.
- Unused Annual Leave + Loading (aft 18/8/93)
- Unused Annual Leave + Loading (bef 18/8/93)
- Unused Annual Leave + Loading (Redund)
- Unused Annual Leave (aft 18/8/93)
- Unused Annual Leave (bef 18/8/93)
- Unused Annual Leave (Redund)
- Unused Long Service (aft 17/8/93)
- Unused Long Service (16/8/78 – 17/8/93)
- Unused Long Service (bef 16/8/78)
- Unused Long Service (Redund)
- If any of the above Leave Cessation Pay Rate Types are selected, an alert will be displayed for you to enter the Employee’s normal Pay Period taxable earnings. If you are unsure which earnings amount to enter into this alert, please contact your Accountant / Bookkeeper for advice.IT IS VITAL THAT AMOUNT RECORDED IS AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE AS THIS WILL AfFECT HOW TAX IS CALCULATED FOR THIS FINAL PAY. For more information, please visit Schedule 7 – Tax table for unused leave payments on termination of employment
- When processing Termination Leave, we recommend entering the Leave Dates as the Cessation Date unless otherwise required. If you do not wish to enter Leave Dates for Termination / Cessation Pay Rates, please follow How do I disable recording my Employees Leave Dates upon Cessation / Termination during the Pay Run?
- Redundancy And Early Retirement Payments
- ETP – Life Benefit (17%)
- ETP – Life Benefit (32%)
- ETP – Life Benefit (47%)
- ETP – No TFN (47%)
- ETP – Foreign Resident / No TFN (45%)
- ETP – Death Benefit (Dependant – 0%)
- ETP – Death Benefit (Dependant – 47%)
- ETP – Death Benefit (Non-Dependant – 32%)
- ETP – Death Benefit (Non-Dependant – 47%)
- For more information on ETPs, please visit Schedule 11 – Tax table for employment termination payments. Table A: Withholding rates for ETPs
- Click Pending or OK to save all changes.
Last modified: Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for your feedback.