- Click Pay Day > Process Pays > Cessation Pay or
Click Pay Day from the Side Bar.
- Select the Employee to cease (Click once to highlight).
- Click Cessation
- Enter the date of cessation of the selected employee.
- Click Click here to Continue.
- Select the appropriate Cessation Pay Rate Types from the options listed, adjust and/or remove any Pay Rates, Allowances and Deductions that are pre-loaded and/or add new Termination / Cessation Pay Rates as necessary.
- If a Leave Cessation Pay Rate Type is selected, an alert will be displayed for you to enter the Employee’s normal Pay Period taxable earnings. If you are unsure which earnings amount to enter into this alert, please contact your Accountant / Bookkeeper for advice.IT IS VITAL THAT AMOUNT RECORDED IS AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE AS THIS WILL AfFECT HOW TAX IS CALCULATED FOR THIS FINAL PAY. For more information, please visit the ATO here. If you do not wish to enter Leave Dates for Termination / Cessation Pay Rates, please read here
- If a Cessation / Termination Pay Types is selected, an alert will be displayed for you to enter the relevant Payment Type Code For more information, please visit the ATO here
- Click Pending or OK to save all changes.
Last modified: Jun 25, 2020
Process a Pay Run with both a Schedule 5 – Method A Pay Rate and Concessional Superannuation Contribution Deduction
Thanks for your feedback.