e-Award™ is one of the most powerful features in e-PayDay® and when combined with e-Time™, managing employees time and attendance becomes simple, removing the complexity and the chore of having to “work out” your employee’s pays. e-Award™ is designed to automatically interpret your Employees Clocking Times, based on the rules/guidelines you have previously established.
e-Award™ is an easy to use Award Interpreter with many advanced features;
- Shift Profiles: Set up Shift Profiles to automatically interpret the Employees Times. Shift profiles allow you to define the Employees Start & Finish Times per day, allocate a Grace Period, Rounding Rules and floating breaks.
- Shift Profiles: Define the automatic Pay Rate and Allowance allocation rules. Select the Base Pay Rate and define the rules for all allowances and additional Pay Rates that are required. Pay Rates & Allowances can be set up to apply after a certain time of day or after a certain number of hours worked.
- Awards & Agreements: Allocate the Shift Profiles to the Employees Award & Agreement.
- e-Time™: Import your Employees times from e-PayDay®‘s Bio-Clock™ (ACTATek), from a Generic Text File or by simply entering the Times in Scan Times to allow e-Award™ to automatically interpret based on the Shift Profile rules.
- e-Time™: The automatic interpretation of the Employees hours worked can be changed before posting to the pay run, allowing you to make the required changes.
- Comprehensive Reports available. Print the Initial, Adjusted and Final Time Card information.
Access to Award Interpretation (e-Award™) is available through the Awards & Agreements Menu and the sidebar (under Extensions > e-Award™).
How do I set up Award Interpretation (e-Award™)?
- Add Shift Profiles
- Allocate Shifts to Awards & Agreements
- Process your pay run using e-Time™ and e-Award™
The e-Award™ Time & Attendance Award Interpreter window contains the following options;
- Use Grace Period: A Grace Period is when rounding rules are applied. If an Employee clocks in (or out) during the Grace Period, the time is automatically rounded based on the rules you have set. View Grace Period examples here
- Fixed Shift (Time of Day): A Fixed Shift has defined Start and End times and uses the Fixed Shift (Time of Day) times as entered.
- Floating Shift (hh:mm): Currently Under Development. A Floating shift is where an Employee can Start and End their shift at any time of the day, as long as they meet the required number of hours.
- Add Breaks Scans if none found and total shift hours is equal or more than XX:XX hours: Automatically insert the defined Break Times (Break 1, Break 2 and Break 3) where the total number of hours for the day exceeds the amount you define.
- Default to ‘Floating Shift’ for non-matching Shift times?: Currently Under Development. If the Employees Clock In / Out times do not match the defined Fixed Shift (Time of Day), they are calculated using Floating Shift (hh:mm).
- Floating Breaks?: If the Employees does not have a designated lunch break time, however, they must take one or more Unpaid Breaks throughout the day. The amount of time that will be deducted from their daily hours is required to be defined in Break 1, Break 2 and Break 3.
- Use Fixed Daily Hours of XX:XX when total hours are between XX:XX and XX:XX hours: Automatically round and employees total hours worked for the day to the amount defined where it falls between your defined times.
- Round Clock In: Round the Clock In time Up to the nearest, Down to the nearest or To the nearest 5, 6, 10, 15, 20, 30 or 60 Minutes,.
- Round Clock Out: Round the Clock Out time Up to the nearest, Down to the nearest or To the nearest 5, 6, 10, 15, 20, 30 or 60 Minutes,.
- Round Overtime: Currently Under Development.