You will be unable to delete any data less than 8 years old as the ATO requires payroll information to be kept for a minimum of 7 years. If you decide to continue with deleting any data, please ensure the appropriate reports are printed and back ups created for storage. Regardless of the data being deleted, you will be able to view this historical information by Opening an Archive.
If your Company is not already open, Open your Company
Once your Company is open;
- Click File > Delete old Financial Year.
- An alert will display: There are several important things you need to consider before deleting old financial year data, To assist is a check list below of actions you may need to perform.
- If you have Printed and Paid June’s Superannuation and WorkCover Reports, tick the checkbox.
- Click Create Backup Now.
- Choose the location to create the backup File to (e.g. USB STICK or EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE).
- Click Open.
- Click Save.
- Tick Backed up the data?
- Select the old Financial Year to delete from the drop-down menu.
- Click Start.
- Once the Archive has been deleted, click Exit.