- Ensure you have registered with the ATO before your first payment to a working holiday maker.
- Check your worker has a visa subclass 417, 457 or 462 using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) service
- Set that you are Registered as an employer of Working Holiday Makers in your Company Details
- Manually cease (terminate) the required Employee.
- Reinstate the required Employee.
- Change the Employees Payee Type to Working Holiday Maker
If the Employees YTD Taxation Balances also need to be migrated (ONLY completed if directed by your Accountant or Bookkeeper).
- Print the Employee Masterfile Report for the ceased Employee Profile, so that you may enter these at Step 3 (below)
- Access the OLD Employee Profile and manually remove the YTD Taxation Balances
- Access the NEW Employee Profile and manually enter the YTD Taxation Balances.
- Send an Update Event to the ATO for the OLD and NEW Employee records.
Last modified: Apr 11, 2023