The calibration files are used to import the observed time series data and compare to the simulation outputs. Two file formats are supported: 1) SWMM format and 2) simple CSV format.
The SWMM calibration file format is supported. From SWMM user’s manual, the format of the file is as follows:
- The name of the first object with calibration data is entered on a single line. This name will be the observation data name in Plot Calibration tool.
- Subsequent lines contain the following recorded measurements for the object:
- Measurement date (month/day/year, e.g. 6/21/2004). Note that the elapsed time format is not supported.
- Measurement time (hours:minutes) on the measurement date or relative to the number of elapsed days
- Measurement values
- Follow the same sequence for any additional objects.
An excerpt from an example file is shown below. It contains flow at two locations FG02HC023 and FG02HC009. Note that a semicolon can be used to begin a comment.
The simple CSV format has two columns: 1) measurement date and time column and 2) measurement value. It is assumed that the first row is the header and will be ignored.