The calibration files are used to import the observed time series data and compare to the simulation outputs. Two file formats are supported: 1) SWMM format and 2) simple CSV format.
The SWMM calibration file format is supported. From SWMM user’s manual, the format of the file is as follows:
- The name of the first object with calibration data is entered on a single line. This name will be the observation data name in Plot Calibration tool.
- Subsequent lines contain the following recorded measurements for the object:
- Measurement date (month/day/year, e.g. 6/21/2004). Note that the elapsed time format is not supported.
- Measurement time (hours:minutes) on the measurement date or relative to the number of elapsed days
- Measurement values
- Follow the same sequence for any additional objects.
An excerpt from an example file is shown below. It contains flow at two locations FG02HC023 and FG02HC009. Note that a semicolon can be used to begin a comment.
The simple CSV format has two columns: 1) measurement date and time column and 2) measurement value. The data and time column is in a format of “year-month-day hour:minute:second”. It is assumed that the first row is the header and will be ignored.
An example of calibration data in CSV file is shown as below. Please download the CSV file template of calibration data.