To automatically generate subcatchments and assign them to nodes using the “Generate Catchments” feature under the “Overland System” in VOSWMM, follow these steps:
1. Click on the “Micro-Drainage” tab in the software.
2. Select “Generate Catchments” from the available options.
3. The software will initiate the automatic subcatchment generation process.
4. During this process, each subcatchment will be assigned to a corresponding node.
5. Wait for the software to complete the generation of subcatchments and node assignments. The time required may vary depending on the complexity of the study area and the size of the dataset.
6. Once the process is finished, you will have the subcatchments generated and assigned to their respective nodes.
After the automatic generation of subcatchments using the “Generate Catchments” feature in VOSWMM, you will find the generated subcatchments under the “Hydrology” layer. The “Hydrology” layer contains all the subcatchments that have been created based on the defined criteria and settings.
To locate and view the subcatchments under the “Hydrology” layer, follow these steps:
1. Look for the “Map” panel on the left side of the Map window.
2. Find the “Hydrology” layer within the list of layers displayed in the panel.
3. Expand or click on the + next to the “Hydrology” layer to reveal its sublayers or subcategories.
4. Look for the specific subcatchment sublayer or category, which may be named “Subcatchments”.
5. Click on the checkbox next to the subcatchment sublayer to toggle its visibility on or off.
6. When the subcatchment sublayer is visible, you should be able to see the generated subcatchments displayed on the map.
Note that the appearance or organization of the layers and sublayers may vary depending on the software version or customization options. Make sure to explore the layers panel and locate the appropriate sublayers related to the “Hydrology” layer to view the generated subcatchments.