Our software offers a powerful tool called “Auto-Generate Nodes, Conduits” specifically designed for Urban DEM Processing. This tool is most effective when working with high-resolution DEM files and focusing on a smaller area within the city. To utilize this feature, follow the steps below:
1. To access the “Auto-Generate Nodes, Conduits” tool, click on the “Flow Path” option in the software’s interface. This will open the necessary window for configuring the tool.
2. In the opened window, begin by selecting the desired DEM file from the drop-down menu labeled “DEM Raster File”. This file will serve as the basis for generating nodes and conduits.
3. Depending on your requirements, you can choose one of two options: “Target Discretization Level” or “# of Cells”. These options allow you to control the level of detail and granularity of the generated nodes and conduits. For urban areas, it is recommended to use smaller values, as they typically yield more accurate results.
4. To enable the auto-generation of nodes and conduits, make sure to check the box labeled “Auto-Generate Nodes, Conduits”. This ensures that the tool will create the necessary network elements automatically.
5. When it comes to saving the generated files, the software offers two scenarios:
- If you have already saved your project, the files will be saved within the same location as your project file.
- If you haven’t saved your project yet, you will be prompted to choose a location to save the files. Simply direct the software to the desired folder or directory.
6. Once you have configured the necessary parameters, click the “OK” button to initiate the process of creating nodes and conduits within your project.
Please note that the duration of this process may vary depending on the scale of your project and the resolution/pixel size of the DEM file. Larger projects or high-resolution DEMs might require more time to complete the generation process.