New June 2021: Draw a Sink or Cutout
The New ‘Draw a Sink or Cutout’ button is an efficient way to draw a rectangular sink, cooktop, or other cutout quickly, by defining the width, height, corner radius, setback, and adding text, faucet hole(s), and soap dispenser hole all at once. Choose colour, rotate on the page, and save your settings for re-use.
To use this function:
- Select ‘Draw a Sink or Cutout’ from the ‘Measurement’ ribbon
- Press ‘OK’ and click, tap, or specify the insertion point.
Hint: This tool can also be used for drawing other rectangles, such as islands!
- Setback: The distance from the front centre of the sink to the insertion point. This is indicated on the preview window with a purple point, which is not drawn in the input.
- Colour: Specify the colour of the sink/cutout elements to be drawn. Click on the button to open the colour selection dialog.
- Draw as elements: With this option selected, the sink or cutout will be drawn as elements, otherwise the sink will draw as a block (group of elements). Choose between separate elements or a polyline.
- Save settings: Save your sinks/cutouts for re-use by clicking on ‘Save Settings’. The settings are saved, and can be accessed from the drop-down menu, and used again or modified. The filename is set by default from the text entered in the ‘Sink Text’ line.
- Faucet holes: Add faucet hole(s) to the sink. The first hole is centered on the cutout horizontally. Diameter of the faucet hole can be selected. The Setback is always measured from the back line of the sink/cutout to the centre of the faucet hole. With the 3-hole option selected, the spread of the 3 holes is by the value of the the spread of 3 holes value, measured from the centre of the two outer holes.
- Soap dispenser hole: Add a soap dispenser hole on the right or left of the sink cutout. Select the right or left positioning. Distance from the outside determines the distance from the centre of the hole to the outside wall selected. The Setback is always measured from the back line of the sink/cutout to the centre of the soap dispenser hole.