This guide will discuss how to connect your computer to your Flexijet 3D 2
Watch the video tutorial!
How it works:
The connection between computer and Flexijet 3D 2 Laser is achieved via WLAN (Wifi). When powered on, the Flexijet 3D will create a network, and your computer will connect to that network in order to communicate with the Flexijet 3D laser.
Connect your Windows PC/Tablet to the Flexijet’s Wifi network before opening FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone software. If FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone is open on your computer, you must close it (after saving any files in progress) and re-open the application.
Steps to connect to Flexijet 3D:
- Set up your Flexijet 3D and power it on using the power button at the to the right and top of the touchscreen. The ring on the capture button will illuminate and the screen will display the progress. When the laser turns on, it will display a dialog box for Tilt Monitoring. You may choose to turn off this function with the red toggle button and close the ‘Tilt Monitoring’ window.
- The Flexijet unit will now display the name of the Wireless Network (Wifi Network) that it is broadcasting. On your Windows PC/Tablet, select ‘Wifi Networks’ on the bottom right tray of your screen, and join the network created by your Flexijet 3D. The ‘Show Password’ button on the Flexijet screen will display the password.
- The background colour of the screen on your Flexijet 3D will now change to green, and the screen will show 1 connection on the bottom of the network screen, and read “waiting for application connection”. Green means Go for opening FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone
- You can now open the FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone software on your Windows PC/Tablet. When the General Preferences window appears, ensure that ‘Flexijet 3D 2’ is selected next to Flexijet Mode, and press ‘OK’ to continue to load the software.
- When the software loads, it will display ‘Flexijet 3D connected’ in the command window, and the Flexijet’s touchscreen will display the device functions.