With ;Series of Measurements Parallel to plane’, a series of measurements is defined parallel to a particular plane to be measured. This series of measurements is can be used with all 3 types of planes. This function can be used to scan, for example, a doorway or window opening at a plane, or an opening such as a bathtub.
- From the submenu of the command Start series of measurements, select the command ‘Series of measurements parallel to plane’.
- In the command window, you will be prompted to select the folder from which the plane will be referenced. Click on the folder you wish to reference. NOTE: you CANNOT click on the active folder. Before starting the command, recommend duplicating the folder you wish to measure in order to reference the plane.
- A window Define series of Measurements will open open. You may choose to draw either Points, Lines, or Polylines. Enter the ‘distance between points’, or the distance between each consecutive point to be measured. The final option, ‘Maximum measuring tolerance to virtual plane’ allows you to define the distance tolerance to the virtual horizontal plane at which the measurements will be taken.
- Now, measure (or click) a point to define the start point of measurements. NOTE: The location of this point relative to the reference plane will define the ‘virtual plane’ where the points will be measured.
- In the command window, confirm the offset of the first point to the virtual plane, OR enter a different value to offset from the plane.
- Measure (or click) a point in the direction of the series of measurements, several inches away from the first point.
- Measure (or click) a point where the series of measurements will end.
- The command window will now display ‘Series of measurements added!’. You will now be prompted in the command window to measure a first point again, in order to create additional series of measurements with the same settings, if desired. Click ‘Cancel’ or ‘Esc’ to end.
- To start the series of measurements, first select the target folder for your series of measurements. The measurements will be created in the currently active folder. Then, click on the ‘Start Series of Measurements’ button icon. Flexijet will begin the defined series of measurement(s).
h3.This function can be used when measuring a tub deck.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.