Align to Object
This function positions the coordinate system of the device so that the X axis is parallel to one wall, defined by 2 points. This ensures a better overview of your measurement. The procedure is also called placement. If you haven’t used this function, it is possible that the drawing is going to be displayed rotated in the canvas area, which has no influence whatsoever on the dimension accuracy. In this case, the ‘Align’ function can be used to rotate the drawing view, so long as location points have not been set.
- Select the ‘Align to object’ command from the ‘Flexijet’ ribbon, or from the screen of the Flexijet.
- A Dialog window will open allowing for the selection of the type of alignment:
- Simple placement: The X axis of the coordinate system is set with 2 measurement points (usually measured on a straight wall, or a bank of cabinets). The Z axis of the coordinate system is in the middle of the Flexijet.
- Simple placement with origin: Same as Simple placement, with the added step to set the origin point with an additional measurement. This measurement is usually done on the floor.
- If points have already been measured in the drawing, a warning dialog will appear, confirming that this function will lose the reference to these already measured points. In the example of measuring a bathroom countertop with no physical or locational relation to the previously measured kitchen, press ‘yes’ to continue.
- Follow the prompts in the Command window to measure the correct points (left, then right for simple placement). Typically these 2 points will be measured on a a wall, similar to setting a vertical plane, or on the front face of a bank of cabinets.