Align to Object
This function positions the coordinate system of the device so that the X axis is parallel to one wall. This ensures a better overview of your measurement. The procedure is also called placement. If you haven’t used this function, it is possible that the drawing is going to be displayed randomly twisted in the CAD area, which has no influence whatsoever on the dimension accuracy.
- A Dialog window will open allowing for the selection from the three options for alignment:
- Simple placement: The X axis of the coordinate system is set with 2 measurement points (usually measured on a straight wall, or a bank of cabinets). The Z axis of the coordinate system is in the middle of the Flexijet.
- Simple placement with origin: Same as Simple placement, with the added step to place the origin in Z with an additional measurement. This measurement is usually done on the floor.
- Advanced placement: With this type of placement, the Flexijet can be positioned with existing GPS coordinates. After you have selected a placement, you must measure the corresponding points. In order to do this, follow the prompts shown in the command window.
- Follow the prompts in the Command window to measure the correct points (left then right for simple placement).