The Xbox controller can be used to aim the Flexijet using the internal motors. To do this, move one of the two joysticks or the directional pad on the remote control.
• The right joystick is the fastest aiming and direction change.
• The left joystick allows for finer positioning.
• The directional pad gives extremely fine adjustments, suitable for fine-tuning and extra precision, often used for repositioning and aiming at specific targets.
The buttons are pre-programmed as default to the following functions:
• Button X – Line
• Button A – Multiple lines
• Button B – Polyline
• Button Y – Draw multiple points
• Button LB (left Bumper) – Activate Measurement
• Button RB (Right Bumper) – Laser ON/OFF
• Button LT (Left Trigger) – Show Next Point
• Button RT (Right Trigger) – Transfer height
These buttons can be re-configured under File>General Preference>Remote Control>Keyboard configuration.
In order for FlexiCAD to recognize the Xbox controller, the Xbox controller should be connected to your Windows PC/Tablet and powered on before opening FlexiCAD.
- If you already have FlexiCAD open, click on the F3D button on the top left-hand corner of the screen to open the File menu.
- Then, click ‘General Preferences’ at the bottom right of the drop-down menu to open the General Preference window.
NOTE: No changes to settings are required for the remote to connect: opening and closing the General Preferences window causes the FlexiCAD software to recognize new controller connections, without re-starting the software.