Watch the Video Tutorial!
The Horizontal series of measurements command creates a series of measurements parallel to the horizon. For example, Horizontal series of measurements can be used to exactly measure a wall with small distances in order to finely scribe a countertop or hearth for fitting.
Follow these instructions to set a horizontal series of measurements to be automatically measured:
- Ensure that a folder with a Horizontal plane is selected.
- From the submenu (Dropdown) of the Start series of measurements, select the command Horizontal
series of measurements.
- A window Define series of Measurements will open open allowing for the selection of different options. You may choose to draw either Points, Lines, or Polylines. The distance between points is the distance between each consecutive point to be measured.Maximum measuring tolerance to virtual plane allows you to select the distance from the plane which be accounted for.
- In the Command Window, you will be prompted to measure the point where you wish to begin the measurements. Measure this point with the laser.
- Now, Measure a point in the direction you want to measure, several inches away from the first point.
- Finally, measure a point to define where to end the measurements.
- In the command line and on the Flexijet screen, it will ask again for the start point of the horizontal series of measurements. You have completed the definition of the first series of measurements, and may now create an additional series of measurements if you choose, for example on another wall. Click “Confirm” on Flexicad to end the command.
- To start the measurement, click on the Start Series of Measurements button on the Flexijet Ribbon. The Flexijet will aim to the start position and complete all defined series of measurements.