With ‘Vertical series of measurements’, a series of measurements vertical to the horizon is started. This series of measurements is used to measure the wall contour with a defined distance.
The ‘Vertical series of measurements’ is typically used to measure an edge of a vertical plane, such as where the face of a wall (plane) meets another wall.
- Ensure that a folder with a vertical plane is selected.
- From the Dropdown of ‘Start series of measurements’, select the command Vertica series of measurements.
- A window Define series of Measurements will open open. You may choose to draw either Points, Lines, or Polylines. Enter the ‘distance between points’, or the distance between each consecutive point to be measured. The final option, ‘Maximum measuring tolerance to virtual plane’ allows you to define the distance tolerance to the virtual horizontal plane at which the measurements will be taken.
- In the Command Window, you will be prompted to measure the point where you wish to begin the measurements. Measure to define this point.
- Now, the Command window will prompt to measure a second point, left or right of the first point. This point is required to define the position of the virtual plane on which the series of measurements will be measured.
- Now, Measure a point in the direction you want to measure, several inches away from the first point.
- Finally, measure a point to define where to end the measurements.