Using the Xbox Controller
Simply power on your Xbox controller before opening FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone. The Xbox controller will be recognized, and the ‘Command Window’ in will read ‘Remote Control Connected’.
To connect Xbox Controller if FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone is already open:
- Then, click ‘General Preferences’ at the bottom right of the drop-down menu to open the General Preference window.
NOTE: No changes to settings are required for the remote to connect: opening and closing the General Preferences window causes the FlexiCAD software to recognize new controller connections, without re-starting the software.
First Time Setup:
Follow these steps to connect your Xbox controller to you Windows PC/Tablet with Bluetooth to use with FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone software and the Flexijet 3D.
Watch the video tutorial!
- Install the 2 AA batteries (included in your Flexijet 3d case) in the Xbox controller.
- Turn on your controller by pressingthe Xbox button. The button will illuminate.
- Press and hold the connect button on the top of the Xbox controller for 3-4 seconds until the light flashes rapidly.
- .On your Windows PC/tablet, Go to ‘Settings’, and select ‘Devices’.
- Select ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’
- Select ‘Bluetooth – Mice, keyboards, pens, or audio and other kinds of Bluetooth devices’.
- Select ‘Xbox Wireless Controller’ from the list of available devices.
- Windows will setup your device, and when ready, will display ‘Your Device is ready to go! ’.
Click ‘Done’ to end setup. Your Xbox wireless controller is now paired with your computer and ready for use with Flexijet.
Turning off your Xbox controller.
To turn off your Xbox Controller, depress and hold the illuminated Xbox button for approx 10 seconds (until the light turns off)
Updating the Xbox controller firmware
Microsoft periodically releases firmware updates for Xbox controllers. A USB cable is required for to connect the Xbox controller to your computer to run this update. Follow these instructions to update your Xbox controller to the lastest firmware version:
- From the Microsoft App store, Install the Xbox Accessories app
- Open the application. The prompts to create an Xbox account can be dismissed – the application can be used without creating an account.
- Connect your Xbox controller to your computer using a usb cable. It should now appear in the application. Select the options button (…)
- If an update is available, it will be listed on the screen. Follow the prompts to install the update.
- When complete, disconnect the USB cable.