In order for FlexiCAD to recognize the Xbox controller, the Xbox controller should be connected to your Windows PC/Tablet and powered on before opening FlexiCAD.
- If you already have FlexiCAD open, click on the F3D button on the top left-hand corner of the screen to open the File menu.
- Then, click ‘General Preferences’ at the bottom right of the drop-down menu to open the General Preference window.
NOTE: No changes to settings are required for the remote to connect: opening and closing the General Preferences window causes the FlexiCAD software to recognize new controller connections, without re-starting the software.
FIRST TIME SETUP: Follow these steps to connect your Xbox controller to you Windows PC/Tablet with Bluetooth to use with FlexiCAD/Flexijet Stone software and the Flexijet 3D.
Watch the video tutorial!
- Locate the Xbox controller in your Flexijet 3D case
- Slide off the battery cover on the underside of the Xbox Controller, and install the 2 AA batteries (included in your Flexijet 3d case) in the Xbox controller.
- Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button. The button will illuminate and may flash slowly.
- Press and hold the connect button on the top of the Xbox controller for 3 seconds until the light flashes rapidly.
- .On your Windows PC/tablet, Go to ‘Settings’, and select ‘Devices’.
- Select ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’
- Select ‘Bluetooth – Mice, keyboards, pens, or audio and other kinds of Bluetooth devices’.
- Select ‘Xbox Wireless Controller’ from the list of available devices.
- Windows will setup your device, and when ready, will display ‘Your Device is ready to go! ’.
Click ‘Done’ to end setup. Your Xbox wireless controller is now paired with your computer and ready for use with Flexijet.
Turning off your Xbox controller.
To turn off your Xbox Controller, depress and hold the illuminated Xbox button for approx 10 seconds (until the light turns off)