With the release of v1.3 we have added the functionality to Remotely update a Brain firmware from the Manager. Follow the steps below to use this feature.
NOTE Only Brains running v1.3 will support this feature. If you have a Brain running a firmware version pre v1.3 you will still require the Manual update process. Firmware Updating
NOTE Only Brains that are using active Internet will support remote updating. If the Brain is being used in Offline mode, manual updating or moving the Brain to an active network will be necessary for updating.
- Launch Manager from Portal
- Select Project from Left Pane
- Select Space from Project tree
From Vertical toolbar select the third option
Note If an Update is available for this Brain – the icon will show a Red indicator
Select the new firmware version from the dropdown list
Click on the Blue Update button once the version has been selected
Confirm update selection within popup window
There are two ways to check the current version of the Brain.
- Select Space from the left pane
- Refer to lower right pane Brain Version Field
Using Web browser
- This will only work with a laptop/computer that is on the same Network as the Brain
- Open new Browser window
- Go to :8000/api/vtest/general