A round robin event with pools is configured by splitting the players or teams into two or more pools or playing groups. Every player or team will play every other one in their pool. A designated number of the top players or teams in each pool will move on to a playoff event. In this case, the playoff is configured as single elimination.
- Number of Rounds – The default for this is 1. For small groups, you may want to set up the event so that each player or team plays the others more than once. You can change that here.
- Medal Round Robin with Elimination Bracket
- Single Elimination – Select Yes, play single elimination bracket medal rounds to automatically advance the top players or teams in each pool to a playoff. You must advance at least three to a playoff round
- Custom Medal Round Options – If you choose a single elimination playoff option, there are three choices available.
- Normal – First place vs. fourth place and second place vs. third place in the first round. Winners play for gold and silver, losers play for bronze. Two rounds of two matches.
- Third seed automatically gets bronze and first and second play for gold/silver. One round of one match
- First and second play for gold/silver and third and forth play for bronze. One round of two matches.
p(banner tip). Option two is possible if you advance only three teams to the playoff round. This would only be feasible with three pools and would mean that the first place winner in one of the pools would automatically be assigned to third place overall based strictly on pool play results.
- Double Elimination
- Prevent – The winner of the losers bracket will automatically receive a bronze medal.
- Allow – The winner of the losers bracket will play the winner of the winners bracket for Gold.
- Round Robin Head to Head tie breaker logic – In large round robin pools and double round robin events, there are often two or three way ties that cannot be broken by head to head results. In that case, you must specify the tie breaker logic to use for this event. The choices are the USA Pickleball logic or the Pickleballbrackets.com logic. Detailed descriptions of each can be found HERE.
- Order of factors for determining event rankings – The default settings for this conform to USA Pickleball requirements. If this is not a sanctioned event and results will not be sent to USA Pickleball, Tournament Directors may freely change the order here.
- Medal Round Options – Use the drop down menus here to specify the scoring rules for the single elimination medal round. The scoring rules control the verification of all scores entered during the event and the format of the printed score sheets.
- Event Scoring Rules – Use these options to set the scoring rules for pool play and the number of players or teams from each pool that will advance to the playoff round. The scoring rules control the verification of all scores entered during the event and the format of the printed score sheets. The estimated minutes per match will be used to generate the daily time schedule.
- p(banner tip). It is possible to have different configurations for pools of different sizes. This is helpful when one pool is smaller than another and you wish to allow longer matches for that group.