Each League is made up of Sessions. Sessions are groups of game days that can run multiple weeks. Some sessions are only six to eight weeks long. Others run a year or more. The league manager determines the length of the session, often based on a billing period for the league or seasons of the year (fall, winter, spring and summer). Most of the specific parameters of a league are set up within the session. This includes such items as:
- Age/Skill Limitation
- Maximum Number of Teams/Players for the session
- Maximum Number of Teams/Players for the game day
- Count Games Toward Club Ratings
- Use Flex Play
- Signup / Payment Type
- Allow non-club members to play OR restrict play to only club member.
- New Player Starting Point
- Registration Details
- Registration Dates
- Date for age calculation
- Online registration ability: Y/N
- Registration Fees
- Ranking Type
*Some parameters must be set at the beginning of the session. Others can be changed during the session according to the needs of the league.
!The most significant benefit of a league with continuous sessions is the ability to maintain player rankings when moving from one session to the next.