The Training Database
Once a tournament or league is set up, the director will have access to a copy of it through the training database. By logging in to the training database, a director may practice the processes and steps needed to run the tournament or league using that copy with current actual data.
Things to know about the training database:
- You will need to log in separately when you load the database. Your regular login does not carry over.
- The training database holds an exact copy of your tournament or league. COPIES ARE GENERATED PERIODICALLY, AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, OFTEN NIGHTLY.
- Do not assume that any changes you make will be carried over to the following day.
- All player messaging and text features are turned off in the training database.
- You may make changes to the schedules, events, formats, attendees, scores, etc.as needed and they will not impact the actual league or tournament.
Best uses for the training database.
- Testing bracket configurations including age splits.
- Practicing verification.
- Practicing score input.
- Practicing how to make last minute changes to running events or leagues.
- Practicing use of the tournament Court Desk.
- Testing the effect of different league setup options.
- Testing the game day management process for leagues.