You can import into a new show document or one with existing data. As long as the imported Sequence/Cue List ID is unique, it will appear as it’s own cue list. If the imported Sequence/Cue List ID is the same as one that already exists in the show document, it will be merged and may result in duplicate cue numbers.
To import the text file exported from Reaper (see the topic Exporting from Reaper), choose the menu
File->Import Console Data->Cue List Text File.... A dialog will open as shown below.
- You will need to set the following options:
- Ignore First Record (This means the field headers #, Name, and Start will not be imported).
- The default Field Separator of a comma is correct.
- Tab delimiter should be unchecked.
- You will need to enter a name for the cue list. Depending on the console this may need to be a number.
The Split Vx76 Stacks option is not relevant for this import.
‘InqScribe Transcript Contains Cue Number’ checkbox should be unchecked as it is not applicable to this import.
- If you want Moving Light Assistant to number your cues when it imports the file, you can check the ‘Generate Cue Number’ checkbox and then enter a start cue. The Increment field is by how much each cue is incremented by.
- Click the Reaper button and it will match the applicable database fields within Moving Light Assistant to the import fields.
You can of course choose to use different fields. Although the Reaper ‘#’ field contains an M (for marker), it will be removed when turned into a cue number.
- Click the Import button to complete the import.