The best way to use an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) with Moving Light Assistant is to use the Reincubate Camo app. The Camo app turns a compatible iOS device into a video camera that is compatible with AV Foundation (macOS). It is possible to use the free version of Camo. The paid version of the App allows higher resolutions and greater image control.
- Install the Camo app on your iOS device from the App Store here
- Ensure Moving Light Assistant is not running.
- Download and install the desktop application ‘Camo Studio’ from the Reincubate website. Currently only the macOS version has been tested.
- Check everything works by launching ‘Camo Studio’ on the computer, connecting your iOS device with a suitable USB cable and launching the Camo app on the iOS device.
- You do not have to have ‘Camo Studio’ running when you connect Moving Light Assistant to the your iOS device.
- Launch Moving Light Assistant, open the ‘Camera Setup’ dialog and select ‘AV Foundation’ from the ‘Camera Control’ popup menu.
- Your iOS device should be listed. Click to select your iOS device and then click the ‘Connect’ button.
- Your iOS device should now behave as a video camera as described in Video Still Image Capture.