Clinical Placements and Agreements: The clinical placement agreement must be completed/signed PRIOR to students beginning their work at at site.
The Objectives and Outcomes for Level I/Level II CPE have been reformatted for clarity.
6. Summary results of the evaluation process of a unit that utilized video conferencing for regular student engagement, including student feedback specific to video conferencing and the Center’s own evaluation of the effectiveness, strengths, and limitations of the modality as an educational tool.
Added a new section for Component Sites
Details about the 6 Year Site Visit have been added.
The following item was added:
Students must write a final self-evaluation at the conclusion of the unit.
Guide for Student Records has been clarified with the following:
ACPE requires that:
- The center retain the following items indefinitely:
- The application face sheet
- The Use of Clinical Materials Consent Form
- The center retain the following items from the student record for ten (10) years:
- Certified Educator’s end of unit evaluation
- The student’s response to the end of unit evaluation, if submitted
- The student’s self-evaluation.
Self-Study Requirements have been revised
This section offers a clarification of three categories of accreditation, incorporating the previous section of System Centers. Includes the section on Satellite Programs, which has been revised.
Maintenance and Renewal of Accreditation (Revisions)
- Year 1, Year 2, Year 4, Year 5
In each of these years, centers will have a review of their Dashboard and a Focused Portfolio Review. These reviews are conducted by volunteer committee members, with reports submitted to the Accreditation Commission. The Focused Portfolio Review is a review of a particular component of the center’s portfolio. The Accreditation Commission will determine on an annual basis which Portfolio components will be examined in a given year. The Commission shall provide centers with a minimum of six months notice of the focus of the next year’s review. Please note that although only a portion of the portfolio will be officially reviewed, the entire portfolio must be available to the Accreditation Commission at any time.
- Year 3 – Mid-Cycle
Consists of a Comprehensive Portfolio Review and a one person, peer site visit. The purpose of the peer site visit is to offer collegial and collaborative consultation on aspects of the center’s program, but with a focus on its accreditation materials in the center’s portfolio. Peer site visitors are trained, local volunteers who are assigned by the Accreditation Commissioner, with input from the center. The site visitor will document their visit for the center and this will become a part of the center’s portfolio.