ACPE Sponsored Conferences/Events
In an effort to keep all national conference and other event costs at a reasonable and tolerable level for the organization and its members, and in an effort to bring more efficiency, consistency and accountability to the establishing and managing of all conference budgets:
- Speaker Honorarium: The ACPE has established $15,000 as the maximum amount that can be spent for a keynote speaker(s). It is then up to the ACPE Academy (education arm) to determine how that amount will be utilized (i.e. $15,000 – three hour and a half presentations; $10,000 – two hour and a half presentations; $5,000 – one hour and a half presentation, etc. The honoraria maximums may be changed by the Finance Committee and with Board approval.
- Speaker Expenses: An additional amount up to $5,000 can be budgeted for Speakers Expenses. Reimbursable expenses will include: round trip airfare to and from the city in which the conference is being held; ground transportation costs, i.e. taxi, shuttle; lodging for the duration of the speaker’s stay; all meal expense during the speaker’s stay. All other incidentals and/or room upgrades will be the responsibility of the speaker.
Honorees and VIPs
- The conference/event budget will provide the recipient of the ACPE Distinguished Service Award and the ACPE Helen Flanders Dunbar Award (or a person accepting on behalf of the above recipients): one (1) complimentary registration, one (1) airfare, and the cost of two (2) nights lodging at the national Annual Conference or other event at which the presentation is being made. Tickets may also be requested for up to four (4) complimentary tickets for family members/guests to the specific function at which the presentation is being made. Only one honoree per award, per year will be selected by the respective Board, and funded by the conference/event budget. This benefit is available only in the year/event of recognition.
- Each Supervisor Emeritus and Emerging Leader to be recognized in the current year, as well as the Immediate Past Chair, is provided with one (1) complimentary registration to the national Annual Conference. Tickets may also be requested for up to one (1) complimentary ticket for family members/guests to the session at which the presentation is being made. This benefit is available only in the year/event of recognition.
ACPE Officers, Staff, and Conference Host Committee
- ACPE provides for the ACPE Chair, Chair-elect, FCPE President, and ACPE Executive Director: one (1) complimentary registration and all travel related expenses at the national Annual Conference and/or related meetings. This benefit is available only in the year(s) of service in this role.
- An on-site office is required at all ACPE conferences. All costs related to the on-site office, including equipment rental and office supplies, will be part of the budget of the respective conference for which it is being established.
- Conference and other meeting budgets will provide full lodging, parking and meal expenses for only one (1) designated member of the local/primary planning lead, local host, or team member. Provisions for full lodging, parking and meal expenses for any additional persons may be added to the budget, pending approval by the ACPE Finance Committee and ACPE Board.
- Conference and other meeting budgets will include all travel costs for the ACPE Business Manager and/or the ACPE Conference Coordinator as well as other staff as necessary.
- The ACPE Conference budget will also provide for overtime for all staff one week prior to the travel of the conference, as well as onsite overtime.
- Student volunteers for the ACPE Annual Conference as well as other meetings will be compensated by “education only” registration, and parking expenses for the time of service. Meals are not included as a benefit of volunteer services.
- The ACPE conference budget will provide for lodging of the AV team, using contractual “comp” nights whenever possible.
- The annual conference and other meetings budget will be prepared by the national office, and approved by the ACPE Finance Committee and the ACPE Board prior to the conference.
- Conference and meeting budgeting processes begin with a template created by the national office based on business needs and contractual realities (ordinarily 24-36 months prior). Budgets are then provided to the Finance Committee (at least 12 months) prior to the event. The Finance Committee will review, revise (as needed) and provide to the Board as a part of the annual budget. The proposed budgets will include recommended registration fees, and the Board’s approval of the budget will include approval for the set registration fees.
- All fundraising efforts will be coordinated through the Development lead in the national office, in consideration of long term relationships and multiple goals. The local team will support these efforts when and where possible, and as requested.