Individuals must meet the requirements for an ACPE Certified Educator
Criteria – ACPE honors certification of specifically identified associations whose standards and ethical values are equivalent to those of ACPE.
ACPE currently has agreements of reciprocity with the following associations:
- Canadian Association of Spiritual Care
- Norwegian CPE
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education Ireland
- Australia and New Zealand Association of Spiritual Care
Required credentials – Individuals holding similar credentials in an association with which ACPE has declared reciprocity can seek recognition as an ACPE Certified Educator.
- Applicants should contact the ACPE office at email@example.com to confirm which organizations ACPE has current reciprocity agreements and for specific procedures to be followed and required documentation to be submitted for reciprocity.
- Upon receipt of required documents and verification that the applicant meets the specified requirements, the ACPE office will send an invoice for fees and appropriate forms.
- Upon receipt of payment and completed forms, the ACPE office:
- enters the individual in the ACPE database as an ACPE Certified Educator.
- lists the individual as a new ACPE Certified Educator in the ACPE newsletter.
- forwards links to required materials (manuals, standards, forms, etc.) to the individual.