The CEC’s presentation of their project is scheduled when the mentor has determined that the CEC’s project demonstrates a level of competence according to the Theory Integration Rubric.
Upon reaching this stage, the mentor will inform the ACPE office of the CEC’s readiness. A review team will be selected by the ACPE office and a time for the presentation will be scheduled by everyone involved in the presentation. The presentation will take place in person via video conferencing. A Zoom line can be requested through the ACPE office.
Prior to the presentation:
- Thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled presentation, the CEC shall upload their project to their portfolio and request the ACPE office to grant access to their review team.
- The mentor and review team will schedule a meeting a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled presentation to review the project and identify any areas of particular strength or concern, as well as areas in which they would like to engage the CEC during their presentation. If there are serious concerns about the project, i.e. elements of the rubric are not adequately addressed, then the in-person presentation will be postponed until changes are made.
- The mentor will provide feedback to the CEC.
- The CEC will develop a 20-minute presentation about their project. This is designed to give a concise presentation of their theories and to allow the CEC to demonstrate their ability to articulate their work orally. This presentation should include visual elements to engage the review team. The presentation is required for written papers as well as multimedia projects.
On the scheduled day, the presentation will be approximately 1 1/2 – 2 hours:
- After introductions, the CEC will begin by delivering their presentation, which should last about 20 minutes.
- Following the presentation, the review team will engage the CEC about various elements of their project, both to ensure the CEC’s grasp of knowledge and its application and to challenge the CEC in specific areas for reflection. This will last about 45-50 minutes.
- At the conclusion of the discussion, the CEC will log off the video conference to allow the team to confer about the presentation and to determine the feedback that will be given. Since the team met prior to the presentation, this discussion will last about 20-30 minutes.
- Following the team’s discussions, the CEC will rejoin the video conference to receive the team’s feedback, including minor revisions and recommendations. This will last about 15-20 minutes. Barring any major unforeseen issues, the team will accept the CEC’s presentation as having met the requirements, pending any revisions that are requested.
- Any additional feedback that is required will be delivered by the mentor as a follow up to the presentation.