The CEC’s presentation of their project is scheduled when the mentor has determined that the CEC has achieved a level of competence according to the Theory Integration Presentation Rubric.
Upon reaching this stage, the mentor will inform the ACPE office of the CEC’s readiness. A review team will be selected and a time for the presentation scheduled. Depending on the time of year and the location of the mentor and review team, the presentation can take place in person or via video conferencing.
Prior to the presentation:
- Thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled presentation, the CEC shall upload their presentation to their portfolio and grant access to their review team.
- The mentor and review team will schedule a meeting to review the presentation and identify any areas of particular strength or concern, as well as areas in which they would like to engage the CEC during their presentation. If there are serious concerns about the presentation, then the in-person presentation will be postponed until changes are made.
- The mentor will provide feedback to the CEC.
- The CEC will develop a 20-minute presentation about their project. This is designed to give an overview and highlight a few elements of the project.
On the day of the presentation:
- The CEC will begin by delivering their presentation.
- Following the presentation, the review team will engage the CEC in various elements about their project, both to ensure the CEC’s grasp of knowledge and its application and to collegially challenge the CEC in specific areas for reflection. This will last about 45 minutes.
- As the team reviewed the CEC’s project, the presentation is designed to be an opportunity for collegial challenge and dialogue.
- At the conclusion of the discussion, the CEC will leave the room or log off the video conference to allow the team to confer about the presentation and to determine the feedback that will be given.
- The team will accept the CEC’s presentation and may ask for some revisions or additions to finalize the project.