A center demonstrates consistent and fair management of its programs for all students.
An ACPE accredited center’s policies and procedures assist all parties in understanding individual and shared responsibilities, expectations, mutual accountabilities, and the ways in which they function within the center. Transparency in the provision of written policies and procedures is required.
In assessing this area, reviewers will look at the center’s:
A. Defined process for continuous review of policies and procedures
B. Alignment of the center’s policies and procedures with ACPE Policies and Procedures
C. Process and mechanisms for communicating policies, curriculum, and program expectations to students and to the general public, including its accredited status
Items that must be included in the center’s portfolio:
- Student Handbook that contains all current center/program specific policies and procedures listed below:
- An admission policy that clearly states the ACPE accredited center does not discriminate against persons because of race, ethnicity, religious/spiritual tradition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability.
- A financial policy that clearly states fees, payment schedules, refunds, stipends and benefits.
- Grievance/Complaint process.
- Maintenance of Student and Center Records. (See Guide for Student Records)
- Discipline, dismissal, and withdrawal of students.
- Ethical conduct of students that is consistent with the ACPE Code of Professional Ethics.
- Student rights and responsibilities, including individual supervision and consultation.
- How a unit will be completed in the event of a substantive change in the center.
- If applicable, a policy for Using Video Conferencing in a unit of CPE
- The student handbook should include a direct hyperlink to the ACPE website for the following Required ACPE Complaint Policies:
- Policy for Complaints Alleging Violations of ACPE Education Standards
- Policy for Complaints Against the Accreditation Commission
- Professional Ethics Violations
- Whistleblower Policy
- Copies of and/or links to publications and access to websites providing information about the center’s program(s) how the center makes these available to students and the general public
- A presentation of the center’s policy review process and how/why changes were or were not made
- A sample student agreement for training