An electronic version of this declaration must be completed yearly by all members of the Accreditation Commission.
Definitions:“You or Your” refers to the Accreditation Commissioner signing this form.
“Program” refers to an approved Clinical Pastoral Educational program or institution, including staff, accredited by ACPE and under review by the Accreditation Commission;
“Bias” refers to a pre-existing impression or opinion, either positive or negative, that you have about a program, the institution in which it is located, or its staff, which might affect your ability to assess accreditation matters objectively.
“Conflict of interest” refers to any circumstance in which:
- You could be adversely affected by or benefit from a proposed accreditation decision or action that you are or may be involved with as part of your role as an Accreditation Commissioner;
- There is a significant risk that your ability to carry out your responsibilities as an Accreditation Commissioner will be materially limited as a result of any bias towards the program; or,
- There is a significant risk that your ability to carry out your responsibilities as an Accreditation Commissioner will be materially limited as a result of your other personal or professional responsibilities or interests.
In addition to any circumstances constituting a conflict of interest as defined above, the following specific circumstances shall be considered a “conflict of interest” requiring your withdrawal as an Accreditation Commissioner for the review of any program in which:
- You have graduated from, worked for or associated with in the previous 6 years;
- You have served on the board or in any advisory capacity;
- You have in the past demonstrated any bias or lack of objectivity; or
- You have a pecuniary or financial interest.
If you have a conflict of interest or if there is a reasonable likelihood that your involvement as an Accreditation Commissioner will give the appearance that you have a conflict of interest, you will be required to identify this conflict of interest to the Chair or Acting Chair of the Accreditation Commission. In addition, you must immediately recuse yourself from any deliberation, discussions and voting on the program. Any conflict of interest by the Chair shall be reported to the Chair Elect or other designee of the Accreditation Commission, who shall serve as the Chair with regard to the program review. All recusals of shall be noted in the voting record of the Accreditation Commission meeting.