Admission to the local ACPE Accredited Center includes the following criteria:
- A completed Application for Certified Educator Programs
- College graduation
- Graduate theological degree or its equivalent
- Ordination or commissioning to function as a spiritual care provider by an appropriate religious/spiritual authority as determined by ACPE
- Endorsement/statement of accountability from an appropriate religious/spiritual authority as determined by ACPE
- Successful completion of a minimum of four units of Level I/Level II CPE
- Demonstration of spiritual care and conceptual competence as evidenced by the attainment/completion of Level I/Level II Outcomes
- Evaluation of the competencies for admission to a Certified Educator Program
Using the application materials that applicants have uploaded to their portfolio, the ACPE Certified Educator will conduct an initial assessment of each applicant’s suitability for admission and potential for becoming an educator. Acceptance into the local program is distinct from acceptance to the ACPE Certification Process.
When a center has a single candidate and the ACPE Certified Educator has determined that the applicant meets the competencies for admission to the ACPE Certification Process, they will arrange for Part Two of the process to take place.