The multiple sections of the manual will illuminate the various aspects of the Accreditation process:
- Updates to the Manual: This section will be where substantive changes to the manual are noted. Except in cases of regulatory or emergent policy changes, updates to the manual will be published in mid-September and will go into effect on January 1.
- Introduction: The Introduction section provides an overview of accreditation and offers a foundation and philosophy for accreditation with ACPE.
- The Accreditation Process: This section explains the process of becoming an accredited center as well as the requirements for the maintenance of accreditation once achieved.
- ACPE Accredited Program Standards and Portfolio Expectations: The ACPE Accredited Program Standards were adopted by the Board of Directors in May, 2018 and will be effective as of January 1, 2020. When you click on the link for each standard, you will be taken to a page for that standard that will include the following:
At the top of each page is the standard itself. Each standard represents a particular element of ACPE’s vision and requirements for its accredited centers.
Following each standard is a rationale that aims to lend further understanding to the “why” of the standard.
After the rationale is a list of items that a center must include in its accreditation portfolio to demonstrate compliance. Reviewers will utilize these items to determine at a center is in compliance with the Standard.
- Required Center Policies & Procedures: This section contains those policies and procedures that are mandated by the Accreditation Commission. It also includes a listing of the ACPE complaint processes. Centers must provide direct links to these documents in their materials for easy and direct access by students.
- Supporting Documents: This section contains links to documents referenced throughout the manual. These documents contain general resource information.
- The Accreditation Commission: This section explains the functioning of the Accreditation Commission and the Accreditation Zone Committees. It also includes the policies and practices that guide the work of the Commission.
- ACPE Organizational Structure: This section explains the structure and makeup of the Accreditation Commission, its committees and their relationship to the Board of Directors and ACPE as a whole.
- Accreditation Commission Forms: This section contains the forms a center will need for all accreditation processes.
- Definition of Terms: This is a list of terms that are used throughout the manual for our educational contexts. In addition to definitions, some terms also have links to external sites that provide further explanation and offer examples. If you have questions about a term, definition, or interpretation, please be in touch with your Accreditation Commissioner.