- ACPE requires a feasibility study for applying for provisional accreditation.
- ACPE requires a self-study for:
- a center moving from provisional accreditation to fully accredited center;
- a six year accreditation review and site visit.
- All written materials must of professional publication quality
(seeking provisional accreditation)
- Familiarize key personnel, e.g., staff, administration, professional consultation group, with ACPE organization, ACPE Accreditation Manual.
- Discuss rationale and objectives for CPE program (or adding Certified Educator CPE) at the center.
- Determine administrative structure and support needed to meet ACPE standards and center’s capacity to meet them.
- Develop curriculum based on ACPE Objectives and Outcomes and Competencies for Certified Educator CPE.
- Survey and assess clinical and educational resources.
- Draft and discuss policies and procedures needed for the function of CPE programs.
- Assess overall potential for compliance with ACPE standards and specific CPE program objectives and outcomes (Level I/Level II) and/or competencies Educator CPE).
- Assess strengths and limitations of proposed center and each CPE program, identifying unique qualities of the center and the educational programs and including limitations.
- Draft student handbook for the program(s)
- Describe center’s future plans.
The following section was updated on June 12, 2019
(Six Year Accreditation Review and a center moving from provisional accredited status to Accredited Member status)
The self-study document is designed to be an in-depth reflection on and assessment of the educational quality of the center’s program, along with its successes and challenges. The self-study document is to be uploaded to the center’s accreditation portfolio, into the Current Processes and Communications folder, no less than 60 calendar days prior to the site visit. The self-study should serve as an overview of the center’s previous six years (since the last site visit).
Key items that are to be included in the center’s narrative:
(These are based on the materials that a center has been maintaining in the accreditation portfolio)
- Reflect on the rationale and objectives for CPE at the center.
- Assess your center’s administrative structure and support for the CPE program. Reflect on the strengths and limitations of your center.
- Provide an analysis of data trends with regard to admissions, enrollment, and program completion rates.
- What major changes have been implemented and what was the impact?
Based on the above items, conclude the self-study with the following:
- Center goals for the next accreditation cycle
- Significant changes or initiatives that are being planned
- Specific areas of consultation that the center is seeking as part of the site visit and review