Any changes to the Manuals will be listed here along with the effective date of the change.
October 17, 2019
New Leave of Absence from the Certification Process policy goes into effect on January 1, 2020.
July 16, 2019
Details about the 6 Year Site Visit Plan have been added.
Updated July 9, 2019
The following item was added to End of Unit Evaluations:
Students must write a final self-evaluation at the conclusion of the unit.
June 13, 2019
There is a new Use of Clinical Materials Consent Form that has been created and should be used for the start of the next unit. After consultation with our attorney, our original consent form has been modified and is now required to be signed by all students prior to formal admission and at the start of each subsequent unit. This applies to all units, not just those that will be led by a CEC.
This new consent form will inform students that their materials (with personal information redacted) may be used, without notice to them, for specifically defined ACPE processes, including Certification, Peer Review, Accreditation, and ACPE approved research studies.
See also Permission for the Use of a Student’s Clinical Materials in the Certification Manual.
See also Requirements for Admission in the Accreditation Manual.
April 22, 2019
Publication of the NEW PROCESS: 2020 Accreditation Manual. Centers participating in accreditation reviews in 2019 will continue to follow the 2016 Manual; The new manual takes effect on January 1, 2020.
March 20, 2019
February 27, 2019
Becoming a National Faculty Member page of the Certification Manual added.
January 2, 2019
Expansion of Progressive Autonomy in Educating Under Supervision.
Appendix 7B Requirements for Student Records
Clarification of which documents need to be kept for 10 years and which documents must be kept indefinitely.
Appendix 7D-1 Supervisor’s Evaluation Cover Sheet
Based on feedback from supervisors, language was added in the top section to more clearly identify level/outcomes. Please remember that as of January 1, 2016, this cover sheet is to be used on all final evaluations.
Change in Definition of Terms
Preceptor(s)/Mentor(s) — A contextually relevant professional(s) practicing in and recognized by the clinical placement site and the ACPE Certified Educator. The preceptor/mentor must review the ACPE preceptor orientation presentation prior to the start of a unit.
Responsibilities of the Preceptor/Mentor:
- Orient the student to your placement site and ensure that the student understands the context for this placement.
- Address student’s questions and learning needs about the placement site.
- Communicate with the ACPE Certified Educatoron a regular basis about the fulfillment of the student’s administrative obligations and the responsibilities outlined in the clinical site agreement. This includes the student’s clinical work, work habits and investment in the learning process at the placement site.
The ACPE Preceptor Orientation Presentation may be found on the Accreditation page of the ACPE website.
The following apply to ACPE as a whole and are part of each of the Manuals:
To positively affect people’s lives by nurturing connections to the sacred through experiential education and spiritual care.
To create measurable and appreciable improvement in spiritual health that transforms people and communities in the US and across the globe.
Please note that pre-accredited status does not constitute pre-accreditation as defined by the U.S. Department of Education, and as such, centers with this designation do not qualify for any type of federal funding related to accreditation.
August 2017 – Changes to Standards and Accreditation Manuals
Removed references to Regions (for Accreditation, these geographical divisions will be known as Areas)
Changes in titles:
ACPE Supervisor = ACPE Certified Educator
Associate Supervisor = Associate ACPE Certified Educator
Supervisory Candidate = Certified Educator Candidate
Changes in nomenclature:
Supervisory CPE = Certified Educator CPE
Regional Accreditation Chairs = Area Accreditation Chairs
413.6 participating in peer review at least every three years in accordance with ACPE guidelines.
New versions of Appendix 5, Parts I & II have been added to the Accreditation Manual Appendices
Clarification of Commission Actions related to the Annual Report
1. Centers are no longer required to obtain a Letter of Good Financial Standing from the ACPE office for a review. The office will monitor financial standing and will alert the appropriate individuals if there is an issue of concern.
2. The timeline for the Site Team Reports has been clarified and will be clearly established for each site visit with specific dates noted:
- The Part I Report is due to the Center 14 days after the conclusion of the site visit.
- The Center’s Response to the Part I Report is due to the National Site Team Chair 44 days after the conclusion of the site visit (30 days after the 14 day period for receipt of the Part I Report ends).
- The Part II Report is due to the Center 58 days after the conclusion of the site visit (14 days after the 30 day period for the Center’s Response ends).
Please note that both the center and the site team may respond sooner than the stated timeline, but that does not alter the timeline for the response from the other party. If both parties are in agreement, responses may be provided sooner.
The New Certification Process Manual is now available.
August 1, 2018
The Accounting and Financial Procedures Manual is now online.
November 12, 2018
Commission voted to remove the following from the section on adding a satellite:
Accredited centers with previously established Satellite Programs may submit the contract for the addition of other satellite programs 14 days (postmarked) before the unit will commence if the student handbook for the new Satellite Program differs from previously approved handbooks only with respect to site-specific information.
November 29, 2018
Clarification on evaluations for CEC’s in the new process has been added.
Formal written evaluations for CEC’s will be written a minimum of every 6 months and will be focused on competencies.
December 3, 2018
Change to ACPE Certified Educator Certification Policies: Removed the option for a local area meeting; the only options to meet the Certification Commission are at the national meetings.