- The central administrative office of the System Sponsored Center administers all CPE programs at component sites and ensures component sites meet ACPE standards. See System Sponsored Center.
- A component site may begin programs only after having received provisional approval by the assigned accreditation commissioner
- Provisional approval is subject to review and final action of the Accreditation Commission.
- Accredited Centers merging with a System Sponsored Center will request accreditation as a component of the System Center once they merge with the System Sponsored Center. See System Center under Types of Accreditation.
To Establish a New Component Site
- System Sponsored Center submits:
- An Accreditation Review Request
- a revised administrative plan, demonstrating how the new component is linked to the central administrative authority and how it is organized to offer programs in compliance with ACPE standards;
- site-specific student handbook
- appropriate materials to demonstrate compliance with standards at the new site
- The System Sponsored Center uploads all materials at least forty-five (45) days prior to the start of any program at the component site.
- A one person site visit is required within six months of the start of the program
- A Commission Reviewer will be assigned by the Accreditation Commission Chair and will bring a recommendation(s) to the Commission. The Commission will act upon recommendation(s) and either approve the addition of the component or deny the request (see Commission Actions).
Moving from Component Site to Provisional Accreditation
A component site wishing to move to full, independent accreditation will first apply for Provisional Accreditation.