An educational placement is a location that is physically separated from the accredited center that is used for regular educational meetings (group supervision, etc.) of a CPE group. An educational placement is intended to provide flexibility for a site considering the development of an accredited ACPE Center.
Requirements for an Educational Placement Agreement
The agreement must clearly articulate:
- administrative lines of reporting at the placement site and in relation to the accredited center;
- educational lines of reporting;
- time frame for the unit;
- dates of the educational meeting times;
- location/address of the educational placement;
- copies of any clinical placement agreements that will be used for the educational placement site;
- financial arrangements (if any);
- liability coverage, if required by either organization; and
- signatures of appropriate administrative representatives from each organization (those who are recognized in the institution as having the authority to enter into the agreement) and the ACPE Certified Educator(s).
Educational Placements Within Your Hospital/Institution/Organization Network/System
- When an educational placement is physically separated from the accredited center, BUT is part of the same hospital/institution/organization network, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that contains the elements outlined above may be utilized. The ACPE Certified Educator and the responsible individuals at each site should sign the MOU.
Educational Placements Outside of Your Hospital/Institution/Organization Network/System
- When the educational placement is external to the larger organization, an agreement that includes the elements outlined above shall be developed. As this is an agreement with an external site, the ACPE Certified Educator should consult with the appropriate local individuals (e.g. administration, legal and risk management) to develop a document that meets both ACPE’s requirements and those of the accredited center. The document must include signatures of the appropriate administrative representatives from each organization (those who are recognized in the institution as having the authority to enter into the agreement) and the ACPE Certified Educator(s).