Major New Features
- The most significant new technology to come to MIPAR yet. Teach MIPAR to detect even the most complex features simply by tracing. Models are trained in the new Deep Learning Trainer. Trained models can be applied to images as part of a Recipe in the Image Processor.
The ability to apply models as part of a Recipe is included with the Base Package. Access to the Deep Learning Trainer to train your own models requires the Deep Learning Extension.
See examples of some of the breakthrough solutions Deep Learning has enabled.
- Generate formal Word Doc and PDF reports which include measurements, reference and segmented images, and experiment data. Available report types are below. Learn more here.
Report Type Generated From Single Image Global Global measurement table in Image Processor Single Image Feature Color by Measurements Single Image Local Local Measurements Batch Image Global Global measurement table in Post Processor Batch Image Feature Histogram of Measurements opened by Post Processor
- Save Session files that can be opened from other locations or computers. SSN2 file extension indicates portable Session file. Checkbox in BP and RTP will toggle portability. SSN2 files can also be saved from PP and DLT.
- Many added keyboard shortcuts, especially in windows with manual editing tools. Several shortcuts made universal across all windows. Learn more here.
- Click on column headings in any table to sort by that column. Click again to toggle ascending vs. descending order. Sorting caries over to reports made with the Report Generator.
Go-to-Image in PP
- Generate a measurement table in the Post Processor, and double-click on a cell to show the corresponding image. Useful for finding an image with features at measurement extremes.
Save in More Formats
- Save images in formats including PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF, and HDF4 across all apps.
Open Pyramid TIFs
- Pyramid TIF files now supported. The highest resolution plane will open.
- Move a Layer from one step to another without removing and re-adding the Layer. Select both steps and the “Set Layer” button changes to “Move Layer”.
CSV Default Output
- All spreadsheets now export in CSV format by default, allowing for easier 1-click opening in Excel..
Fewer Save Dialogs
- “Save Complete” dialogs have been moved to transient status bar messages.
Cleaner Batch Output
- All outputs from a batch process are now placed in a folder with the same name as the Session file.
3D Toolbox Improvements
- Cleaner axes tick marks. Improved surface and volume exporting. More consistent perspectives between 2D and 3D viewers. More precision in principal axes output by Aspect Ratio feature measurement.
Enter Dimensions in Crop Image
- Manually enter or adjust crop dimensions directly from Edit > Crop Image.
Replace with Local Normal
- New Clean-Up > Replace With > Local Normal function to replace each pixel in a sparse line with a short line perpendicular to the line. Useful for draw thickness measurement line probes to allow for batch measurement of local thickness.
- New Morphology > Pixel Lines function for ensuring all pixels in 1-pixel thick lines are connected at their faces.
Percentage Mode in Basic Threshold
- New mode in Segmentation > Basic Threshold for selecting pixels which are above or below a certain percentage of the grayscale space. Useful for selecting features from probability maps produced by Deep Learning > Apply Model (e.g., set “Percentage” to 90 in “Bright” mode to select pixels which are at least 90% likely to belong to features of interest).
Choose Color in Manual Edit
- Change the overlay or outline color in Segmentation > Manual Edit. Selected color is saved into the Recipe step.
Measure Tool in PP
- Interactive point-and-click Measure Tool (ruler icon) now available in the Post Processor.
First Moment of Area
- The feature measurement First Moment of Inertia has been replaced by First Moment of Area (First Moment of Volume in 3D Toolbox), which is a scale invariant metric of how much feature area (or volume) extends away from its centroid. See the description here for more details.
Need more help with this?
Chat with an expert now ››