Segmentation > Find Edges
Sets edge pixels as empty using the specified edge finding algorithm [1-3].
The edge finding algorithm used
- Sobel: Detect edges using the Sobel algorithm
- Prewitt: Detect edges using the Prewitt algorithm
- Roberts: Detect edges using the Roberts algorithm
- Laplacian: Detect edges using the Laplacian algorithm
- Zero-Cross: Detect edges using the Zero-Cross algorithm
- Canny: Detect edges using the Canny algorithm (tends to cleaner edges than other algorithms) 
A weakness setting for the edge find algorithm. Higher thresholds are weaker edge finds, but maybe produce less noise. (Recommended: 0.01)
- It is often useful to optimize the Find Edges function to a Standard Deviation Filter companion image. This allows for dynamic edge finding in presence of variation.
 Canny, John, “A Computational Approach to Edge Detection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence,Vol. PAMI-8, No. 6, 1986, pp. 679-698.
 Lim, Jae S., Two-Dimensional Signal and Image Processing, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice Hall, 1990, pp. 478-488.
 Parker, James R., Algorithms for Image Processing and Computer Vision, New York, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1997, pp. 23-29.
Need more help with this?
Chat with an expert now ››