Tools> Histogram of Measurements
Plots a histogram from a .CSV or .TXT file of previously-made measurements. These files can be output from tools such as Measure Features, Color By Measurements, and Local Measurements.
- To begin, load previously generated measurements. These must be .TXT or .CSV files with continuous rows and columns.
2. Load, Export
- Load: You can start over and create a new histogram image by loading a new feature measurements file.
- Export: You can export the existing feature measurements results to a spreadsheet.
3. Measurement Stats
Displays the mean, standard deviation, min, and max of the selected measurements.
Determines the number of bins to divide the histogram into. The default value is auto-calculated to provide an effective histogram shape. Typing in a new value sets a manual number of bins. Erase the typed in value anytime to revert back to the auto-calculated value. Click the ellipsis box next to “Bins” to manually set the limits of each bin.
5. Export Data, Save Plot
- Export Data: Export histogram data to spreadsheet.
- Save Plot: Save plot as image.
6. Save Settings
If Histogram of Measurements is reached through the play button, then adjustments to display settings, such as selected column, histogram bins, limits, and coloring, will be saved into the recipe. The next time Histogram of Measurements is run on this measurement, these settings will be automatically used.
7. Unfold Histogram
Estimates the shape of a histogram of 3D features which, when sliced with a plane, would produce the original 2D measurements . Launches a window which explains the process and requirements, and allows selection of the input and output measurements.
8. Input and Output Measurements
- Input Measurements: Select the type of measurements to be unfolded. Choose between Equivalent Diameters or Areas.
- Output Measurements: Select the type of measurements to output from the unfolding. Choose between Equivalent Diameters or Volumes.
9. Original, Unfolded, and Edit
- Original: Show original histogram.
- Unfolded: Show unfolded histogram.
- Edit: Edit histogram unfolding parameters
 Payton, E. 2012. “Revisiting Sphere Unfolding Relationships for the Stereological Analysis of Segmented Digital Microstructure Images.” Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering 11 (3): 221–242.
Need more help with this?
Chat with an expert now ››