Pre-Processing > StdDev Filter
Accentuates edges by brightening pixels which have dissimilar neighbors. Sets each pixel in the Current Image equal to the standard deviation of the pixel values in its specified neighborhood.
1. Window Size
Size of neighborhood (in pixels) which is considered about each pixel for the filter
- Used to find feature boundaries and to increase the contrast of features differing in intensity.
- Powerful filter that can be used in combination with Find Edges, Dilation, Erosion and the Optimization Engine to improve segmentation of features.
- Example 1 (Faint grain boundaries): StdDev Filter
- Example 2 (Subjective feature Dilation/Erosion): StdDev Filter
- Starting Window Size: 5, increase to overpower small artifacts, decrease to maintain an accurate feature edge
Need more help with this?
Chat with an expert now ››