In this solution, the customer wants to embed a Web page in their GUI but also wants to navigate to any Web page they choose, not just what is programmed in the builder.
- Starting Point
Start with a page that has a URL inside, currently set to Google.
- Set the URL Address to a Variable
- Click on the URL on the page and view its properties.
- Enter in the Address field a variable called $web_address$ with a default value of ‘www.google.com’.
- Add a Button to the Page
- Add a button to the page called Set URL. This is the button the user presses to change the URL address.
- Drag Input Variable Action
- Drag the input variable action to this button.
- Set Input Variable Properties
Now the input variable action command is in the ‘Set URL’ button.
- Edit the button and select the action to set its properties.
- When a user wants to change a Web address viewed in the URL window, they press the Set URL button that prompts the user to enter a new address.
- After pressing OK, the new Web site apears in the URL window.
To see the project in action, open the attached K-Touch backup file.