Kramer’s FC-26 is a K-Touch accessory that can convert IP to RS-232 and IR. This product enables you to control RS-232 and/or IR devices from K-Touch. This article shows how to create a gateway for the FC-26.
- In the Gateways tab of the K-Touch app, click edit.
- Find section labeled ‘FC-26’ and click ‘add new gateway’.
- Discover the FC-26 on your network.
Kramer’s FC products can be automatically discovered on the network by the app if they are on the same network as the mobile device.
- New: FC-26s that have been found on the network and do not yet have a gateway created for it.
- Existing: FC-26s found on the network that already have a gateway created.
- Add new gateway: If your FC-26s are not on the network or not visible, you can create the FC-26 gateway manually.
- Define gateway properties.
- IR: The FC-26 has 4 IR ports, here you can choose to assign specific devices to each port
- RS-232: The FC-26 has 2 RS-232 ports, here you can choose to assign specific devices to each port
- Name: Give the gateway a name
- IP Address: The IP address of the FC-26 (this will be automatically entered if you chose a discovered FC-26)
- Choose a port and add devices.
- Select Add device.
- Choose device and click +.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 if additional devices are needed.