Kramer’s FC-22ETH is a K-Touch accessory that can convert IP to RS-232. This product enables you to control RS-232 devices from K-Touch. This article shows how to create a gateway for the FC-22ETH.
- In the gateways tab in the K-Touch app, click Edit.
- Find the section labeled ‘FC-22ETH’ and click ‘add new gateway’.
- Discover the FC-22ETH on your network.
Kramer’s FC products can be automatically discovered on the network by the app if they are on the same network as the mobile device.
- New: FC-22ETHs that have been found on the network and do not yet have a gateway created for it
- Existing: FC-22ETHs found on the network that already have a gateway created
- Add new gateway: If your FC-22ETHs are not on the network or not visible, you can create the FC-22ETH gateway manually
- Define gateway properties.
- RS-232: The FC-22ETH has 2 RS-232 ports, here you can choose to assign specific devices to each port
- Name: Give the gateway a name
- IP Address: The IP address of the FC-22ETH (this will be automatically entered if you chose a discovered FC-22ETH)
- Choose a port and add devices.
- Select add device.
- Choose a device and click +.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 if additional devices are needed.