You can sort all your games and display them according to your preference. The “Sort by” function lets you sort your games by name, date modified, date played or date created. You can also limit the number of games to be displayed on the page.
Searching a Game
You can use the Search function to easily find and display a game. Simply type in a keyword in the search box and all the game titles that match your keyword will be displayed on the My Games tab.
You can easily organize your games by keeping them in folders or categorizing them in tabs. The My Page dashboard features five different tabs that categorize all the games in your Factile account:
- My Games: This displays all the games you have created.
- Favorite Games: This displays all the games you have tagged as your favorite
- In-Progress Games: This displays the list of all games which are in progress or saved in between.
- Interactive Choice Dashboard: This allows you to track your participants’ progress as they play the games on their own.
- Public Games: This allows you to view all publicly available Factile games which you can copy and customize as your own.
The My Games tab displays all the games you have created, including those you are still working on. You can organize your games by categorizing them and placing them in folders. All your folders are displayed in the My Games tab. The All Games (not in folders) option displays all the games except those that are inside folders. The All Games (inc in folders) displays all the games including those that are placed inside folders.
Creating a Folder
You can keep your games organized by categorizing and placing them in folders. You can create as many folders as you want and move your games inside them for better organization of all your games. Here’s how you can create new folders.
1. In the My Games tab, click the Create Folder button.
2. Type in your folder name. Tip: Use a name that best describes all the games that will be inside that folder. For example, we will create a new folder named “Algebra”.
3. Click Save to create the folder.
The new folder will be displayed in the My Games tab.
Adding a Game to a Folder
After creating a folder, you can select and add games you want to place inside these folders.
1. In the My Games tab, select All Games (not in folders) to display all the games that are not yet placed in folders.
2. Select the games you want to move by ticking the checkbox next to the game title.
3. Click the “…” on the folder icon and select Add Selected Games from the options. This will add the game to the folder you’ve chosen and you’ll get a message pop-up that confirms the action.
When you open a folder from the My Games tab, you will see all the games you’ve added to it. For example, we moved some games to the “Algebra” folder. We can click “Algebra” from the My Games tab and all the games inside it will be displayed.
The Favorite Games tab displays all the games that have been tagged as favorites. You can mark your frequently used or accessed game as a favorite by clicking on the icon. You will notice that all games that have been tagged as favorite has the heart icon activated.
The In-Progress Games tab displays all games which are in progress or saved in between. In-progress games are identified through their title, the date, and the time the game was last played.
You can do different things with an in-progress game, such as:
- Resume: This allows you to continue playing the game where you left off.
- Rename: You can rename the title of the saved game for easier identification. Please note that autosaved games are given generic names based on the game title and the date and time you last played it.
- Delete: You can remove the game from the list. Please note that once you delete a game, you will not be able to recover this saved-game instance and your progress will be permanently deleted.
Games can be manually or automatically saved. Each game is autosaved during each step in play so you can restart it wherever you left off if your game is interrupted. To view all your auto-saved games, click Autosaved.
You can also start playing a game, manually save your progress and go back to play it again later. All games that have been manually saved are displayed under the Saved category. Learn how to save a game here.
Interactive Choice Dashboard
The Interactive Choice Dashboard lets you manage all your Interactive Choice games. It also allows you to track your participants’ progress as they play these games on their own.
You can click All Active Games to view all active and ongoing Interaction Choice mode games. These games are still open for your participants to join and play. You can do different things to manage these games, such as:
1. Leaderboard: Use the leaderboard to see how individual participants are doing and how they are ranking.
You can also export the Leaderboard to a comma-separated values (CSV) file.
2. Analytics: Use this function to view a breakdown of the gameplay including players’ answers and time spent for each question.
You can also export the Analtyics report to a comma-separated values (CSV) file.
3. Rename. Click the button to rename your Interactive Choice game.
4. Share. Use the icon to share the game link with your participants.
You can share your game link in different ways. You can copy the game link and share it with your participants, send the link via email, or share it via social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest), Google Classroom or Remind.
5. Stop Game: Use this to deactivate a game. Note that once a game has been deactivated, the participants can no longer continue playing it.
6. Delete: Use this to permanently remove an Interactive Choice game from your account.
You can click Stopped Games to view Interactive Choice Games that have been deactivated. Here, you can still access certain features such as the Leaderboard and Analytics report.
7. Restart. You can also re-activate the game and share it with your participants to play. Once a game is restarted, it will be moved back to the All Active Games section.
The Public Games tab displays all publicly available Factile games which you can view, play, copy and make as your own (available for Pro subscribers).
You can do different things with a public game, such as:
- Play – clicking the Play button will let you play the actual game.
- View – shows you the game board, including the questions and answers.
- Copy (Pro Subscription) – allows you to copy and add the game to your own My Games list.
Searching and Sorting Public Games
The Public Games tab features several free games from different topics, themes, or categories. You can use the Search feature to find a specific game under a particular category or theme. Simply type in a keyword in the search box and press Enter or click the icon.
All the games that match the keyword will be displayed.
When searching, you can sort the search results according to their popularity or the date they were created. By default, games are sorted by popularity. But you can also sort these games from newest to oldest or oldest to newest. Click the icon and select how you want the list to be sorted.