Why Create a Deposit?
Think of deposits as a credit balance on a student account. Once created, deposits can be used as form of payment on invoices.
Situations where Deposits should be utilized:
- An overpayment is made
- You must apply a credit adjustment to an Invoice
- An account wants to pay ahead for something before you have invoiced it (Costumes, competition fees, etc)
- You want to give a credit to a studio volunteer
- If a class is dropped and you already invoiced Tuition
Create, Delete and Apply Deposits right from the student page.
Search for your student and click on the family name/number. This will bring you to the Family Billing.
|Payment Adjustments, are not considered reportable income. Use this payment type if you are crediting volunteer hours, have fundraising or some other adjustment that is not truly income.|
Once the deposit is created, that account will show in PINK in all Billing screens (Viewing Invoices, Creating Invoices, Create Batch Invoice, View Parent Deposit).
Delete a Deposit that has not already been applied to an invoice
- Click on the Creat deposit tab.
- Deposits will be listed. Delete function on the left side. Click Delete
Delete deposit that’s been applied to invoice
If a deposit has been applied to an invoice, the deposit cannot be deleted without first deleting the payment off the invoice. Once the payment delete is complete, the deposit is then able to be deleted.
Apply Deposit to Invoice
To apply a Deposit to an Invoice:
Select the invoice you are paying.
If the amount of the deposit is less than the amount on the invoice enter the deposit amount in the “Pay Other Amount” box.
Choose the Deposit tab at the bottom and select the deposit you want to use.
Enter the date and click pay.
Need more help with this?
Please complete our support form if you need assistance.