When controlling a DirecTV Genie client system, the Genie clients operate through the main Genie DVR unit’s IP address.
In this article we explain the builder setup for controlling 2 clients through a single Genie DVR.
Information you need to know:
- IP address of main Genie DVR
- MAC addresses of each Genie client box
- Open Builder for the controlled space.
- Add the DirecTV Genie Clients.
- Create Aliases.
- When creating aliases for Client boxes, enter the MAC address in all capital letters with no special characters.
- Example AABBCCDDEEFF
- Add a button widget to the page/overlay.
- Drag a command from the DirecTV device.
- Select Alias from the popup screen.
- Create a Network gateway.
- Drag the device to the gateway.
- Since the device routing is handled via Aliasing, there is only a single device to add to the gateway.
Last modified: Mar 26, 2018
Thanks for your feedback.