The URL widget allows the programmer to create a user inter actable screen within the Kramer Control UI. This widget will open most webpages on Android and iOS clients. If you are using the web client directly via the Brains IP address :8000 you will not be able to view this widget. If you are using Remote Access, you will need to confirm the web address will load properly by visiting this website and confirming the x-frame options are not denied or from the same origin.
- Open Builder
- Open the Widget menu and choose the option for creating web URL
Using your mouse, click and drag the area within the UI you would like the URL to be viewed
- In the above image there are two circles
- Top Left Circle shows the options that the end user can select to move forward or backward in the URL browser. (This feature acts like the forward or back options in any standard browser)
- Top Right Circle shows the option that the end user can select to refresh the page
The image below shows the options available within the properties window of the URL widget
- The URL field is used to direct the widget to load the selected webpage. This can be used to navigate to the control screen of a piece of equipment by entering the IP address of the device or be used to access other webpages
- If you choose the option to scale to fit, you are scaling the selected webpage to fit the window you have created in the UI
- The refresh rate shown in seconds is the frequency at which the webpage will be forced a page refresh
Verifying X-Frame Options
This website (https://tools.geekflare.com/report/x-frame-options-test/kramerav.com) can be used to verify the selected web address can be loaded when using Remote Access
The above image shows the output from searching the https://kramerav.com website. If the x-frame options output shows Deny or Same Origins then the selected webpage will not be viewable when using Remote Access.