What is the tool all about:*
“Migration Automation” to minimalize scripting
Migration Automation does what you would otherwise have to script
“Data-driven file selection and distribution” enables efficient migration from any DMS including:
Data sources include:
- Complete migration projects in ½ the time
- Reduce cost by 65%
- Reduce human resource requirement by 80%
Migration Flow is turning the DMS migration approach upside down by eliminating almost all programming. Historically PowerShell is the predominate ingredient in complex migration projects. All the business logic, metadata construction and the driving force is programmed in PowerShell. Only the file-copy is performed in a reliable tool so the DMS migration is slow, expensive and high risk.
Migration Flow is designed for the new Meta-driven migration method that DMS migration projects are based on. 95-100% of the task is handled without any programming.
Unique for Migration Flow
- “Migration Automation”
Eliminates 95-100% of programming while still enable you to call to proprietary code.
- “Data-driven file migration”
- Migrate version history from legacy Document Management Systems
(Alfresco, OpenText, IBM FileNet, M-Files etc.)
Set ContentType, Managed Metadata etc. and keep user names associated with document versions even they do not exists in SharePoint
- Visual ETL: Extract Transform and Load
Interact directly with SharePoint Lists, Databases, csv, excel etc plus ongoing data integration and replication
- Simple data integration using no-code Steps thereby removing much of the black-box PowerShell otherwise needed. Can leverage PowerAutomate, Azure functions and Event grid
- Interact with almost any data source including:
The tool removes much of the technical complexity (programming) and speed limits associated with migrating files and associated metadata from “legacy DMS” to SharePoint (M365/Online). It is used by consultancy companies like FellowMind and Workpoint. It does not overlap with any classic tools like Microsoft Migration Tool, Sharegate etc. These tools do ”Lift & Shift” of FileShares and legacy SharePoint site structures.