Victim characteristics include:
- employees who work in homes or in the community;
- workers who handle money or prescription drugs;
- workers in correctional institutions or institutions for the mentally ill or developmentally disabled who are not trained in violence avoidance or self-defense;
- employees who provide care, advice or information, such as health care workers, mental health workers, emergency room and admission workers, and social services workers;
- workers who handle complaints, such as social service, child welfare and unemployment workers; and/or
- workers who have the authority to act against the public, inspect premises and enforce laws, such as inspectors, child welfare workers, law enforcement/corrections officers and security guards.
Thanks for your feedback.