The employer should formulate a plan concerning how to proceed with the investigation. The plan should identify:
- Who will be conducting the investigation?
- What documents (e.g. personnel files) will be looked at?
- The order in which people will be interviewed.
- Standard information that each person will be told as part of the interview process.
- Name of the threat-maker and his/her relationship to the organization and to the recipient.
- Name(s) of the victim(s) or potential victim(s).
- When and where the incident occurred.
- What happened prior to the incident?
- How the incident ended.
- Names of witnesses.
- What happened to the threat-maker after the incident?
- What event(s) may have triggered the incident?
- Past events occurred that lead up to the incident?
- Suggestions for preventing violence in the future.
Thanks for your feedback.